Illumitex is seeking a team player to join our high performing sales team to help us grow our rapidly expanding horticulture LED lighting business. This position will assist the outside sales team in building and enhancing our customers overall experience by helping to explain how our products provide reduced energy costs, better crops and yield. The Horticulture Sales Specialist position is a key part of our team and will include supporting sales growth, while assisting in training and education at select distribution and retail outlets throughout the US and Canada.
This position could be either be based in Austin or remote, we are just looking for passionate plant science people who enjoy helping others and are looking for an opportunity to join our growing team.
- Accountable for delivering technical solutions, products, and /or services that address customer needs of varying complexity (via telephone, chat, web, or e-mail); or working with subject matter expert to address a solution of even higher complexity.
- Handle incoming customer service sales calls and emails, assisting in initial consultation and product specification by providing expertise for spectra and plant growth.
- Responsible for lighting designs and customer layouts as requested to support the sales team.
- Provides both pre and post-sales technical advice and account management during the entire sales process.
- Drive total customer satisfaction by partnering with sales and customer service to ensure accurate order placement, on-time delivery and represent customer needs as they arise.
- Remains up-to-date on new product, technology, and services offerings.
- Assist with sales and marketing programs as needed.
- Assist in developing education and training programs for customers and Illumitex staff including but not limited to assisting and providing web and video content.
- BS in Biology, Horticulture and/or Plant Sciences or 2+ years of product management or sales experience with horticulture lighting.
- Prior customer service/sales experience, a plus.
- Ability to explain technical, industry, and market facts to clients as a competitive solution.
- Direct indoor growing experience, hydroponic or soil, a plus.
- Technical understanding of indoor grow equipment and systems and the technology behind them.