Illumitex is seeking a self-motivated, hands-on mechanical design engineer to drive innovation and design industry leading horticulture LED lighting products. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures including electro-mechanical expertise. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Create mechanical drawings for components and assemblies
• Verify and validate electro-mechanical design performance by establishing reliability, maintainability and durability test standards; building and testing prototypes; performing debugging procedures; conducting compatibility evaluations; analyzing test data; identifying, isolating and resolving performance problems.
• Document design by recording electro-mechanical design features, functions, and operational requirements; specifying operational training; detailing safety and support requirements.
• Interface with local or oversea suppliers and vendors on projects.
• Identify, initiate and implement solutions for process/product development that improves performance, reduces cost, strengthens yield and increases capability.
• Generate line drawings for cut sheets
• Create Bills of Materials
• Provide all levels of support for the Manufacturing Department
• Track revisions and documents to assure they are up-to-date
• Perform first article inspections
• Execute general Engineering projects as assigned by the supervisor