The Marketing & Business Development Specialist is passionate about taking the initiative to use their sales and marketing expertise to help grow an innovative company in a thriving industry. This self-starter and team player will play a critical role in expanding opportunities and increasing revenue by engaging and qualifying new business opportunities for our Outside Sales Team. This position consists of understanding customer segments/pain points/motivations and using this knowledge – along with engagement history and Illumitex solutions, key benefits/differentiators – to establish and maintain a solid dialogue, gain helpful prospect information and convert MQLs to sales-ready leads based on set criteria. This dialogue should include helping to educate prospects about our space-saving, spectrum-rich, high-output, reliable and environmentally friendly digital horticulture and LED solutions. A successful candidate will be a proactive, self-motivated individual that has demonstrated success in targeted prospect engagement/conversations, lead qualification and conversion, reporting and analysis.
Note: Specific customer/prospect insights, messaging and etc. to be provided by the marketing team.
Position will be located in Austin, Texas
• Review incoming Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL’s), reach out and establish relationships with these prospects to ultimately provide sales-ready leads to Outside Sales Team.
• Proactively review website visits, webinar attendees and other key inputs/sources to supplement MQLs with additional prospects.
• Diligently scope prospect with all info available to facilitate the most credible and productive conversations – and be able to provide detailed input to Outside Team when ready for the next step in the sales process.
• Upload new lists (from tradeshows, media programs, etc.) to both HubSpot and Salesforce.
• Document all calls, conversations, next steps and etc. in Salesforce.
• Become familiar with both HubSpot and the integration with Salesforce to best utilize both platforms to capture and disseminate information, create reports and gain learning over time
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Collaborate with Marketing to ensure a constant flow of quality leads
• Prior B2B sales or sales support experience required.
• PROVEN EXPERIENCE BEING SUCCESSFUL IN BUSINESS TO BUSINESS LEAD GENERATION & QUALIFICATION NECESSARY.