The Manufacturing and QA Engineer will interface with R&D/Engineering, Suppliers and Production teams on a regular basis in terms of existing products and manufacturing as well as new product introductions. This is a critical role requiring attention to detail and conscientious focus that will report to the VP of Operations.
• Coordinate between engineering and production for the effective and efficient manufacturing of our products.
• Develops, evaluates, and works with senior staff to improve manufacturing methods.
• Analyzes and assists in planning of work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow; designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency, incorporating 5S, and other lean principles to create a highly organized production environment
• Support assembly tooling, fixtures and test equipment design, documentation, identification and inspection/calibration requirements
• Collaborates with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing, sales, marketing, and other support teams to complete projects to meet production, quality, cost savings, and new product development goals within schedule and budget.
• Collect, report and analyze statistical quality data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
• Approve incoming materials, in-process and finished production items by confirming specifications are met.
• Oversee the RMA function which manages return products for re-work, inspect and confirm when re-work is complete.
• Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data.
• Applies statistical methods to estimates future manufacturing requirements and potential.
• Establishes and maintains Lean practices, including continuous improvement projects.
• Writes, develops and implements validation procedures, including leading and driving the ECO procedure.
• Collaborates with the development team to define, document and continually improve the internal development process, testing standards and procedures in relation to QA.
• Develops, modifies, and executes embedded software test plans in addition to providing appropriate analysis and documentation.
• Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
• Develop and communicate quality metrics to facilitate quality improvement activities.