Illumitex is seeking a self-motivated, hands-on electrical engineer who is familiar with LED Lighting and control systems, to collaboration with the product development team to help create energy efficient lighting and control solutions for a diverse range of facilities and applications. In this exciting role, you will be a part of the process from concept investigation and design analysis to successful production execution. This role brings you the opportunity to firmly apply your stamp to our products, now and well into the future.
- Specify components (PCBs, microcontrollers, LEDs, other components) with sensitivity to cost, availability and lead time; including off-boards such as transformers, power supplies, fan and connectors.
- Verify and validate electro-mechanical design performance by establishing reliability, maintainability and durability test standards; building and testing prototypes; performing debugging procedures; conducting compatibility evaluations; analyzing test data; identifying, isolating and resolving performance problems.
- Build prototypes of power electronics circuits for design verification
- Create mechanical drawings for components and assemblies
- Create and maintain a complete set of product documentation (drawings, specifications, BOMs, instruction sheets, etc.)
- Conduct performance testing (light output, thermal performance, dimming performance, power factor, etc.)
- Troubleshoot circuits using tools like multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power analyzer etc.
- Work closely with our mechanical engineer to collaborate on the design of enclosures and housings
- Design for manufacturability and reliability for a wide range of environmental conditions.
- Assist in transfer of products to production and assist on manufacturing floor as needed.
- Interact with vendors and customers on design related issues.
- Controls Engineering: Applications support for controls to customers, design requirements, and competitive analysis
- Controls Engineering: Support proper controls application for field projects through creating applications materials, providing product/applications training to sales and reps, and working with sales and reps on specific applications challenges.